Zao Forest Springs
Experience Programs & Sports
All powerful and tasty fish!
In addition to the mountain stream fishing, in Zao Town, there are four fishing farms and fishing ponds where you can enjoy fishing easily. You can mainly catch Yamame (a kind of trout), Char, Rainbow trout and so on, you can eat it on the spot or take it home.
The fish that can be caught at Zao Forest Springs is powerful trout cultivated exclusively for fishing at the forest fishing farm. You can enjoy lure fishing at 6 ponds with different characteristics such as shape and size of the pond and depth of water.
- Postal Code
- 1-121 Nanokahara, Tohgatta Onsen, Zao Town
- Phone number
- Business hour
- Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday (For the time being) 8:00 to 18:00 (From April to September) 8:00 to 17:00 (From October to March)
- Regular Holiday
- Closed on Wednesday (opens if it is public holiday)
- Access Method
- By car: 25 minutes from Murata IC on Tohoku Expressway
- Budget reference
- One Day Pass 4000 yen, Afternoon Pass 3000 yen Children (Primary School Student or younger) One Day Pass 2000 yen, Afternoon Pass 1500 yen You can take max. 5 fish home.
- Parking area
- Car Park