Spring food in Zao
Engawa Chaya Yamabiko Tea House
Kusa mochi tea set
The kusa mochi at Yamabiko are fluffy and delicious!
They are handmade every morning with a lot of soft mugwort full of spring fragrances.
- Recommendation points
- Enjoy the fresh morning vegetables salad, pickles, plum sweets and Japanese tea.
- 860 yen
The small dishes restaurant Yamaboshi
Wild vegetables tempura and small dishes
Special dishes from Zao with attention to the small bowls which contain them!
As implied by the name of the restaurant, Yamaboshi does not only offer the taste but also great looks of its dishes.
- Rice with five ingredients in a pot
- This special dish is cooked individually after it is ordered and fully opens the taste of its ingredients.
- Tenzaru-soba (cold soba served with sauce and tempura)
- There is a plenty of crispy tempura with prawns and seasonal greens to accompany thick countryside soba. This dish will let you feel the season.